I absolutely love and can’t get enough of seeing how other artists work. I like seeing what inspires them, what type of reference they use if any, how they work-out their concepts from the first round of thumbnail sketched to final sketches and finished art. I find the process magical, and I love seeing how it all evolves and unfolds.
So, I run a weekly column called Sketchbook Stories that showcase the artist's process by featuring a different artist every Tuesday and they share inspiration, sketches and then final finishes.
Here is a example of what the column headers will look like:
So, if you are an artist or would like to recommend an artist or designer to be featured in Sketchbook Stories please feel free to drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org I'd love to hear from you :-)
The things I would need are:
- a picture of you. (preferably in a square crop)
- pictures of your inspiration (really this can be anything that inspired this piece of artwork)
- pictures of your sketches
- pictures of your final art
- if you have any pictures of your art used on products that would be a lovely added bonus
- any additional information you wanted to note about the project process or artwork.
- any small inside tidbits or factoids (people seem to love those)
- and a link to your website, blog, twitter, facebook fan page etc.
Are you game? ;-)