November is the month of Gratitude.
It’s a time to be reminded of all the good in your life. A time to remember your love ones and a chance to be introspective and reflect. What have you learned this past year? How have you grown? What challenges and obstacles did you face and over come? A lot can happen in a year and it’s sometimes too easy for us to keep going and not take the time to stop and remember.
This gratitude mobile is an easy way to pay homage to the past while also inviting thoughtfulness and generosity into the future.
Each printable strips has space to write down your thought and feeling of the year past. Ask each guest at your Thanksgiving table to help you add to your gratitude mobile. And if you have a message that’s a bit too personal to openly share just fold over your paper and seal it away in the wax. It’s the thought and action that hold the most meaning in this ritual.
And remember Thanksgiving doesn’t have to be the only time these positive messages hang in your home.
2 wire hangers
Strips of scrap fabric
String, twine or ribbon
A double boiler or old crock pot
Tissue paper in assorted colors (I also used sewing pattern paper)
Pens, pencils and markers
Decorative scissors and paper punches (optional)
Craft paper or newspaper (to protect your work surface)
1. Bend 1 hanger into a circle shape.
2. Cut a piece of wire out of the second hanger and shape it into a smaller circle.
3. Wrap your wire frames with strips of scrap fabric securing the ends with a dab of hot glue.
4. Tie a piece of twine to the top of the smaller circle and attach it to the larger circle.
(Click here to download the PDF printable gratitude prompts)
5. Cover your work surface with craft paper.
6. Print out and trim the Printable Gratitude Prompts.
7. Cut or tear tissue paper into approximately 5 X 11” rectangles.
ADD THE GRATITUDE :
1. In a double boiler or old crock pot melt your bees wax.
2. Write down your gratitude messages.
3. Sandwich your message in between 1 to 2 sheets of tissue paper and brush on the wax.
4. Cover the message with a piece of craft paper and iron it smooth.
5. Peal off your message and let cool.
6. Trim the tissue paper edges. You can uses decorative scissors and punches. Think about cutting them into fun shapes like leaves, hearts and stars.
7. Hole punch the top of your waxed message and thread a piece of twine or ribbon thought the hole.
8. Tie each message to your Gratitude Mobile and you are ready hang your mobile.