Now that school has started and we are falling into a regular routine I’m aiming to publish a new Homemade Craft Connection project once a week. (Sometimes “saying it”makes it more real and always has a way of making me accountable!) So on to this weeks Homemade Craft Connection Post…
Lip Balm Locket
Lockets have been around for centuries and were often handed down for generations. They have been know to hold everything from keepsakes, good luck charms, locks of hair, pictures, and love notes. This DIY romantic heart worn around your neck is the perfect place to store your lip balm for a moments notice.
To Make the Lip Balm You’ll Need:
- 3-4 table spoons of bees wax per locket
- 3 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 10 drops + 1 drop for good luck of peppermint
- Your favorite lipstick
- A double boiler
- blank locket(s)
- A paring knife for trimming
1. Grate bees wax so you have approximately 3-4 table spoons of bees wax per locket.
2. Using a double boiler melt the bees wax.
3. Add in the coconut oil and peppermint to the melted wax.
4. When fully melted pour the wax into one half of the locket. (don’t worry if it overflows you will be able to trim it after it hardens.)
5. Return remaining wax back to the double boiler and add in your lipstick color.
6. When fully melted and mixed pour your tinted wax into the remaining locket half.
7. Let sit and harden for approximately 20 minutes.
8. Trim off excess wax with a paring knife.
I’ll be sharing how to created the art on the front of the locket next week in part 2.